Eheim filters

Damo

I have a UGF in a heavily planted 100 litre tank. However its reverse flow and is being fed by a canister filter. Its is excellent one of my other tanks just has a canister filter and is also heavily planted - but its got no UGF. The one without the UGF has a bit of a pong to the substrate but the one with the UGF smells sweet as. I don't see much difference in growth of plants between the two.

the only problem I see with the UGF is the air used to drive it might leach the minerals out of the water and the loss of CO2 if you want plants to grow fast. Reverse flow is a work around. I don't think UGF is superceded technology :hail: UGF

They used them in the middle ages so I guess it depends on your defination of old, I guess 800years may not be old to you, but that being said that would make electricity new technology...

:lol: I'd like to know where you got that info from pies. I suppose the local glazier used to make the tanks just right for their UGF. Then it was off down to the local bikeshop to get a connection for the dynamo powered air pump.

If leeches and maggots were the only thing that would fix me up - Id say bring em on :P

I have used all sorts of filters over the years (though not 800 of them :wink: ) and have never had trouble with an ugf. I have never had one crash on me either. Also never had problems growing plants over them. You just have to make sure the substrate is deep enough.

:hail: from new zealand discus man..

Hi tanks man..saw you name on one of my auctions on trade me..

Pitty you did not come with the waikato club to visit a short while back..

you would have seen my set up breeding discus.. 118 tanks average 275 liters.

75 square meter room .heated buy air con unit at $245.00 a month.

not like a photo i saw receintly of tanks with power cords ,

heater lines,air lines..

man talk about getting tripped up ..!!

but also to run power filters in more than a few tanks is a electric bad dream.

even have customer putting 10 x 50mm discus in 500 liters and is running tank with out fish for 3 weeks to get power filter started..

could not convince him to use cultured bactricia and just put fish in now..but filter is unlikely to do much without fish.

so modern systems do not convince all and never will anyone agree about power or UG filters. but to close by phone to visit..09-2991311

see commercial section about new shipment arriving tomorrow.. :P

cheers phill collis