Bosemani Rainbows

Billaney

Our rainbows in the community tank are always showing to each other and i noticed 1 is now really plump I'm thinking maybe with eggs so i have made a wool "mop" for them and placed it near the front of the tank so i can keep and eye out to see if there is any eggs layed in it , my problem is i don't know what rainbow eggs look like :o :-?

does any one here know ?

Once i see eggs in there I'll remove the mop to another tank so they can hatch and replace it with a new mop but what colour and size are they ? Any help would be great

Thanks

Billaney rainbow eggs are like killie eggs in that you can pick them from the mop and incubate them in a container ( small like the notho eggs you sure at my place ), saves having to make a new mop everday.

I found that other fish ate the eggs in a community tank second after being layed .You may want to seperate the female for a couple of days then spawn them in a tank by them selves .

they can produce lots of eggs so 1 or 2 days you may have enough for your needs. :wink: