May 13, 200521 yr comment_49528 I got the carpet professionally cleaned a week or so ago, it looked lovely, i did the water changes in all tanks today, turned my back on the guppy tank, then got distracted, i now have water through half the house, don't think i lost any fish over the top, but the babys are too small to see anyway in the carpet, there are still heaps there, but the house is a smelly swamp, just as well Travis is working out of town Report
May 13, 200521 yr comment_49530 ohhhhh noooooo!!! Were you refulling the tank at the time and forgot that the water was running?? Might be a sign of tooo many tanks! lol Report
May 13, 200521 yr Author comment_49532 Yep, refilling tank, went to the letterbox, did an errond for the sick old fella next door, made a coffee, checked the new postings in here, had a shower, so as you can imagian it is quite a bit of water Report
May 13, 200521 yr comment_49535 Enjoyed your visit Vicki. Did you forget what the date was today?? Alan 104 Report
May 13, 200521 yr comment_49539 Has it got rid of the diesel smell? Seriously, what an awful thing to happen - hope it dries out real soon. I live in dread of doing the same thing myself Cheers Jude Report
May 13, 200521 yr comment_49545 Wonderful!!! somebody as stupid as me. I did exactly the same thing. got distracted by a knock at the door and when I finally went back to my Marine tank there was 180 litres of water in my carpet. Fortunately no disaster Report
May 13, 200521 yr Author comment_49546 Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:42 pm Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Enjoyed your visit Vicki. Did you forget what the date was today?? yep, didn't realise the date till you put in this posting :lol: i really enjoyed the visit, have rearranged the two empty tanks and will definataly be getting some of those unusual fishies, what was it they were called lol Report
May 14, 200521 yr comment_49642 LOL I to have done that The worst part is I still haven't learnt from my mistakes and do it on a regular basis Report
May 14, 200521 yr Author comment_49660 well, its now sunday morning and the carpet is basically dry, i have definataly learnt something from this, do the little tanks LAST Report
May 23, 200521 yr comment_50538 Yep, happened to me before, phone rang and forgot about the hose from the filtered tap. It will never happen again, I'm 50% sure lol Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.