Tga-Free w conditions- Bristlenose and Sterbaii

sharn

Kia ora all. Gosh, been a long time since I have lurked here. Anyhow, stopping in because I have some fish to rehome.

I am closing down my planted aquarium that has been home to a family of Bristlenose and two male Sterbaii (among other fish which are now gone) for the last 10 years or so.

I would like to find someone local to Tauranga who has room for some young (many sexable) Bristlenoses whose parents I owned for over 15 years. The father I purchased off Antwan on here many, many years ago. One mother was a 'natural lyretail' which developed as she aged, didn't pass on though. Their young were regularly sold throughout pet shops in the Bay when I was involved in aquatics keeping. The parents lived to a ripe old age of around 17-18. The reason I would like to find a person with interest in 'heritage' breeding is this stock is pretty 'old' lineage and very hardy. Good sized, lush bristled males and generous sized, thick females created these young. The young are not interbred so would be great to add into an existing line you might be working with. I am not wanting anything for them other than a home with an intentional person who will ensure their line is respected, to keep good stock for our local and future fish keepers. They may be a common bristlenose but I think our old lines are worth taking special care of ;) Not sure how many young in total, at least 15.

Sterbaii mates are looking for a home also, they are around 8+ years old so in their later years now. Happy to have them go to a well established, experienced home to live out their later years.  Both look to be males. Not keen to have them go to a new tank sorry as they aren't really beginner fish, both by species or age haha.

Please message me if you might be able to make some room in your aquarium for these little guys!