Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello!

Featured Replies

I am a Chinese, in the mainland of China. I have experience on goldfish and tropical fish trading. So happy to find so many ornamental fish lovers here. :lol:

Hi Roy,

Welcome to the New Zealand Fishroom.

Saw you had registered earlier and wondered when you would post.

All fish lovers here... both fresh and marine.. with lots of Goldie keepers.

Hope you enjoy your visits.

Tell us a bit about the hobby over there :)

Bill.

  • Author

Thank you, Pegasus!

Sorry for my poor English. It really need me much time to read the posts! Also, to write in English make me headache. I was trying to find if I can type any Chinese here! :wink:

I have experience only with freshwater fishes. I would like to know firstly how big is the market of freshwater fish here in NZ.

Hi Roy and welcome. I think you do very well with your English.....much better than I could do with Chinese :-). Hope you enjoy looking at what everyone has to say and I am sure everyone will be interested to know what type of fish are available in china compared to what we can get here. :)

»¶Ó­£¬¸ßÃ˸úÎÒÃÇÒ»ÆðÓÃÄã¡£

Hope this turns out OK :roll:

Translation.....welcome, glad to have you with us.

  • Author

OH, we have so many kinds of fishes in China.

Also some tropical fish are local breeding. Guppies, Gouramies, Angel fishes, Neon Tetra, Barbs, we have even Oscars! Are there any oscars in NZ?

In Beijing, you can find some big Aquarium shops and more popular are the aquarium booths in the flower markets. They have many electronic controled tanks full of water plants or coral reefs with nemo.

Hi again Roy,

I second the above... "No probs with your English".. :)

Great stuff that you have learned a second language.

Oscars... Yes.. we have lots here, as we most fish species.

The ones you don't "generally" see over here are such fish as Piraha.. Tilapia... and such, plus many fish are restricted like Koi Carp (although many have them).. and our fisheries control board (MAF) are very strict about what is allowed here due to many reasons.. but it all boils down to protecting our waterways and restricting unwanted species into the country.

Certain plants are also on the restricted list.

At the head of te main site you will see a "FNZAS Homepage" title on the right.

Click on this and you will go to another part of the site.

You will find some details of restricted fish.. plus a breeders list... plants and so forth.

Hope that helps, and hope you find lots of interest here :)

All the best.

Bill (Pegasus NZ)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.