my new tank thread

Brianemone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rio 20hf is about 1200gph or over 5,000lph. thats quite a bit, be interesting to see how it runs. when you get it let us know how it goes. i still have my heart set on a deltec ap902 but the cost is the limiting factor :D in saying though, i found a supplier overseas who will land one for around $1,450. over $2k local (go figure)

take reefs comments as constructive criticism :D

i was talking to a guy over in singa, he was using a beckett very similair to what ill be getting but 1foot taller, he was using a md55 and said that would overflow the smaller skimmer, ill probably upgrade to the md55 if i ever get enough head space for the taller beckett

lighten up, if you feel the need to continually complain do it on your own thread.

Good idea lighten up then and stop complaining, , i was only giving you some pointers . always like to help out newbies and take them to the next level of reef keeping.

Fact :rio are not good pumps. especially if being used for pressure.

Your x reef skimmer would have been a better choice as at least the specs stack up.

i fail to see how a bsi-606 does a 1400L tank as it is only a 150mm tube.

Not trying to critisize you at all , just pointing out things to look at. I did not mention anything about what type of skimmer you should use, I base my comments on experiance and pretty much what any advance reef keeper will tell you.

longspine cardinals look cool. Healthy green chromis, are very nice too.

Blue chromis (atlantic) are meant to be true schoolers, but can be expensive, coming from the Caribbean.

Dispars and Bartlett anthias stay smaller than others, so may be an option.

Layton

Fact :rio are not good pumps. especially if being used for pressure.

Agree with that. Not sure on the new Seio but the Rio powerheads and internals are crap. We were running them in the shop. Had to replace a lot of impellers. Have replaced most with Aquaclear powerheads which kick butt.

I went back a couple of pages and saw your tank. Cool. That overflow looked huge! Did you ask them to cut the teeth too? Was it expensive? Is that made out of one piece of acrylic that they bent around? I've finished cutting out my teeth from the acrylic pieces I had done. If I get a chance tonight, I'll start glueing them together.

• 5 weeks later...

behold the new arrivals

newarrivals.jpg

very stunning little package the skimmer is, when i first took it out of the box i was a little bit worried that it was going to be too big to fit in the cabinet, but after unwrapping it from the bubble wrap it was pleasently suprised that it was a perfect fit.

should receive the pump and the rest of the gizmo's next week and i'll then be able to design my sump and get rid of the micro bubbles for good.