April 30, 200521 yr comment_47748 Hi I really need some advise. I have got a bad case of white spot and I'm at my wits end. Turned the tank up to 28. Treated with White spot cure over a week now. Have done water changes after every 3rd dose as advised. Also tried malachite green. Nothing is working. Started on the Cardinals now on my Rosy Tetras. Ph and everything else is fine. Have made sure when do the water changes that the temperature of the water is exactly the same. Please help someone. Report
April 30, 200521 yr comment_47749 Use copper sulfate. Commonly sold as snail killer. In my experience, it's worked better than white spot cure and it's less stressful on the fish. Report
April 30, 200521 yr comment_47752 Hi HelenMac, you don't have any carbon in your filter do you?(if yes, take it out) I normaly just use tonic salt and temp of 28-30. But just had a bad case of whitespot and was recomended that I treat with whitespot cure every day by LFS(not the usual 1 every 3 days). Hope you have better luck with yours I lost 11 fish Report
April 30, 200521 yr Author comment_47788 theres no carbon in the filter and I have been treating every day with whitespot cure. Was told do 3 days then 4th day do 10% water change then treat for another 3 days and so on. How much tonic salt do you use. my tank is 215 litres. Just lost another cardinal tonight. Report
April 30, 200521 yr comment_47808 The tank I used the salt in had clowns and B/Noses in it so I only used half the dosage, I think normal dose is 1 tbsp for 20Lt from memory(may want to double check that) Colin Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.