Leaking Aqua One Aquis 700

Jcricket

Hi All,

Purchased an Aquis 700 last week as they were on sale for a really good price, first the priming bung broke the first time a tried to do it up and now it is leaking between the canister and the pump. Upon further inspection it looks like there is supposed to be a gasket between the two that is missing. Could anybody advise if there is supposed to be a seal there? Or if these filters are just poor at retaining water? Just want to be prepared when I return it.

A good lesson in just spending the money to get reputable equipment, has anyone had great success with these filters?

Thanks in advance,

Turns out the gasket was there I just managed to overlook it in my blind rage over having it leak. Can't find the receipt, rude pet shop where I brought it from won't exchange it without.

So the gasket is there, doesn't look dry or damaged. I'm sure I have put everything together properly. The main place the water runs from is the small relief below the clips that hold the motor housing onto the canister but it also looks like it is pooling in the reliefs around the top (the power cord comes out of one of these).

Does anyone have any ideas or is this just a faulty unit?

Thanks again for previous and future replies

• 2 months later...

My Aquis 500 leaked once from under the head, but that was clearly my own one-time fault - probably I didn't put media baskets tightly one on top of another and therefore the head didn't close tightly, so I fixed that and it was ok. Now when assembling, I look through the windows on sides to make sure baskets sit properly.