Possible gourami breeding.....?

Blitz

Hey guys just a quick question. I have 4 guppys, 2 b/n, 4 corys and 2 dwarf blue gouramis in my aquarium. I noticed a thick foam kinda bubble nest thing (sorry bout describtion) floating in the back right hand corner of my aquarium. The nest ( ill call it this for now ) has what appears to be a few roots from my plants stuck in them. As i said in an earlier post i am not sure of the sex of my gourami. Can somebody please tell me what this is? I am dying to know lol. Thanks :hail:

P.S Sorry if this post is in the wrong category, wasnt sure of what to put it under

Blitz

Hey blitz

Your guess is sounds right.

If both your gourami look the same they are likely to be both males but it is hard to be sure with out seeing them.

The eggs and fry will be predated upon by the guppys and cory's if they hatch. I would sugest what I do for my gourami and paradise fish:

take a glass and float the nest in to the glass. It will be broken up but dont worry. the if you look very close you can see the tiny eggs floating around. Place the nest in to a breeding tank that is bare. The eggs are boyant and will float to the top. Do not panic about rescuing every egg as the spawns can be to big to handle.

Good luck and fingers crossed. If there are eggs, hatch them and post back to find out about raising the fry.

Thanks for the reply Fishbait. So just to clarify things, how do i know the eggs are in the nest? and when i put the nest into the breeding net do i use the piece of glass to just keep it together?

Thanks

Blitz

To straighten out :

Sorry I mean a drinking glass to float the nest into once it is the glass hold it up and you will see if you have eggs but remember they are tiny.

A breeding net will (I think) be to corse and the fry will get through the mesh. A seperate tankl is best.

Sorry for the crossed wires.