Resealed my tank.....when can I refill?

Phillz

I got my brother-inlaw ( a builder) to reseal my tank for me.....he decided to redo all the seals at the same time, just to be safe.

The cure time states 72 hours (Selley Glass) But being impatient and short of time.....has anyone refilled any sooner than 72 hours?

It has been 24 hours so far......and more poor fish look unhappy and cramped in the smaller rescue tank :roll:

What size is the tank Phillz?

I tell ya what, they'll look a darn sight more uncomfortable on the lounge floor.

That's not even bringing you into the equation either.

Be patient.

Although the smaller the tank the better

I like to give the 4'ers a week.

Alan 104

What size is the tank Phillz?

I tell ya what, they'll look a darn sight more uncomfortable on the lounge floor.

That's not even bringing you into the equation either.

Be patient.

Although the smaller the tank the better

I like to give the 4'ers a week.

Alan 104

HAHA I know Alan.....but geez it's sooooooooooo hard to wait :wink: PMSL :wink:

The tank is a 3ft

It's alright ..... my impatience has been cured for now LOL...I have spent most of the day swapping two fishtanks around.

My fighter babies are now in a little more water.....and the tank has been moved.

My guppy tank is in a new position ....also did a bit of rearanging in the tank.....removed the plattie fry and put my lonely albino cory in there.

I don't have to recycle my 3 ft tank when it is cured do I?......have all the water, gravel, filter etc in the smaller tank where they are now......would it be alright to swap it all back over when the silicone has cured?

It's usually ok after the acetic smell is gone completely. I should take 4-5 days. The cure time is based on a bead of a certain size with all surfaces exposed to air. Since only part of the surface is exposed the cure time will be longer. The bead size is usually 10mm but who knows unless it is specified. Not many manufacturers put the curing conditions on the tube...