CORYS (sterbai, julii, panda, adolfoi) and ZEBRA PLECS

Aquatopia

Hi folks.

1) Are zebra plecs available here and is/has anyone succeeded breeding them? What about golden nugget plecs ?

2) The above corys are my favourites. I have never bred fish, just kept them, and want to start. Can anyone spare some time to give me some proper advice? I have searched through previous postings and it just seems to be "snippets". I kinda need someone to lay it out for me. If you dont wanna type out heaps on here - PM me and i can call you or vice versa.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi again,

Have a look at my reply to your question in the Catfish Forum Re-Zebra Pleco's. There were some people breeding them a number of years ago in NZ, but that was before I was keeping fish, and the breeding group has since died (I think) and all the young sold (AFAIK). Gold Nuggets are realetivly common in NZ, But I haven't heard of anyone breeding them here. Have a look on Planet Catfish for info on breeding both of these pleco's.

Also there will be heaps of info on PC about breeding cory's. I have only breed Pygmy Cory's so I won't be much help. But the main things you need to do to get them to spawn is to make sure that they are well conditioned by feeding them on good quality foods, and then trigger them with a cold water water change that drops the temp of waterby a couple of degrees, and then allows the heater to warm it back up.

Just ask if you have any specific questions...

I hope this helps.....

Cheers, CatBrat.