Planning Discus Tank

Gotaloveaqua

I am hoping to start a discus tank. I currently have a aquaone 980t (265 litres) stocked with 1x angel fish, 1x blood parrot and 2x firemouths (both male I think) running on the overhead filter and has been modified for a canister filter as well - a aqua one aquis 750 .  I have recently purchased a aquamanta 120 aquarium which is 245 litres and plan to get a eheim filter for it. I'm hoping to shift my current stock into that and use the 980t for the discus. I have done a fair bit of reading and I am thinking 4x discus, 10x cardinal tetra and 6x corydoras  (haven't chosen specific type yet) can someone tell me if this will be a large enough tank to keep them happy in long term?

I believe it will. The general rule I've seen floating around is 50L of water per 1 discus, so 4 discus should be ok in 265L tank.

I personally have 2 and planning to add another one in an AquaOne 980 which is 215L. They say discus like tall tanks with lots of water over their heads, but they seem to be happy in the tank and they look absolutely gorgeous.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I had seen quite a few sites state that you need a group of 5 or there will be aggression issues with but good to hear that your 2 are doing well gilgor.

Thanks Adrienne I am hoping to add a rainbow shark to the mix as well when I see a nice larger one available.

Personally I wouldn't.  Rainbow sharks are fast and nippy and my one decided that the mucus coating on the side of my discus was tasty.  Discus like peaceful and sharks are not as they like to zoom along the length of the tank.