Air pump for deep'ish tank?

Zimbaliza

Hi 

Just checking, what would be the best bet, for an airpump for a tank (88cm deep), I currently have Eheim 400 air pump, that isn't really handling the load. (Maybe just OLD??) 

I'm looking at maybe getting one of those air compressor type pump's off Aliexpress/Ebay i.e. 40l/min, and just have it on remote control (so it's not going 24/7)...  I believe they are a little loud? I've never had one...

Anyone have any ideas/advice?

Thanks

-Chris

Hi 

Just checking, what would be the best bet, for an airpump for a tank (88cm deep), I currently have Eheim 400 air pump, that isn't really handling the load. (Maybe just OLD??) 

I'm looking at maybe getting one of those air compressor type pump's off Aliexpress/Ebay i.e. 40l/min, and just have it on remote control (so it's not going 24/7)...  I believe they are a little loud? I've never had one...

Anyone have any ideas/advice?

Thanks

-Chris

Have you tried getting a rebuild kit?  The valves and diaphragms do wear out.

Thanks Ira, 

I was thinking about taking it to bits, looks like Hollywoods have the 

EHEIM AIR PUMP MEMBRANE DIAPHRAGM FITS 100 200 400  for $25

Eheim 400, airpump's currently running, a standard Eheim diffusor (one end of the tank), and a 60cm bubble curtain, down the other end, 

Thanks again,

-Chris

Yeah, if those are cracked or broken, it definitely would decrease the amount of air they pump through the diaphragms.  Not sure superglue will work.  If you don't want to just replace them I'd suggest something more along the lines of reinforcing them with a couple layers of light fiberglass cloth and thinned epoxy.