Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NOT DIY CO2!

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

What do I need to look at in order to arrange a 'proper' CO2 system for a 420-odd litre tank? And cost??

I haven't got the tank yet, but it should be here in a couple of weeks!

I'm planning on having it heavily planted, so a good CO2 system would be helpful....

Cheers!

Nik

Buy your own don't hire, not less than a 4kg oil free tank and reg you will need some type of fine needle valve.

I don't no where you can get them at your end of NZ.

The differance in the cost of filling between sizes is very small so the bigger the tank the better the total cost in the long run, most of the charge is in the service not the gas

Aaron

Are you asking for non DIY or non yeast? If non DIY then you can get nutrafin system for around $35 or so, I think you would need at least a couple for a tank that size. Personally I wouldn't recommend yeast system (either DIY or purchased), YES they DO work, but IMHO they are such a pain the A@#$ to run.

If you DIY a gas bottle system and can pick up some second hand parts you are still looking at a couple of hundred plus. To DIY a system from new parts cost $400 or so, excluding bottle and defuser.

Complete prof systems start at around $600-$700 for a pretty basic setup.

  • Author

I'm ideally looking for a complete system that I don't have to do much with... EG, just put everything where it needs to be, and turn it on, and replace the gas when it runs out... I want automation! :D

I have the JBL freshwater system, bottle, regs, co2 defuser. I would sell it. Sells for about $600 in the shop, would consider offers around the $350.00 mark. Same system (glass spiral co2 defusor on suction cups).

Check online for the details of the JBL kit, doesn't come with solinoid (I never bothered) or PH controller.

Pieman

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.