tetra breeding

steve slack

10 litre? that's small.

Lemon tetras are also easy to breed, rummy noses I have found easy too. I'd start with glowlights though. Separate males and females, condition on live/frozen food for about 2 weeks, put female in spawning tank half hour before male, check in morning for eggs. Allow about 48 hrs to hatch. For a few days they'll feed off their egg sack then start feeding them infusoria, liquifry, baby brine shrimp.

Yes Luke* it is small , but it's all they need. It all so keeps the food close to the frys mouths less swimming more eating .

after about a month to 6 weeks the young fish should be about a cm long (mini glow lights )and ready to be transferd to a larger tank for growing out.

I had a friend that breed neons in 5lt plastic cookie jars, it worked very well.

Wow that's cool they'll breed in something so small, makes sense about the food/effort. Then again I did breed albino glowlights in a 3gal (10.8 litre) tank once, all the eggs fungused though.

Goodluck with the glowlights Steve slack