Gourami Behavior

Blitz

I have just bought a pair of Cobalt dragon gouramis (i think thats the name) I just wanted to know if its normal behavior for these fish to lie on their sides on the gravel. I put my hand near one and it swam away and seems to be fine now. All help will be appretiated

Thanks

Blitz

Dawn.....I don't know if they are true 'cobalt' dwarf gouramis....but in animates in Christchurch about a month ago I saw the most beautiful blue dwarf gouramis and I am certain they had both female and male. (I would have bought some but am not ready for them.) I also saw some much larger (but still dwarf...presumably more mature?) blue gouramis at Redwoods in Christchurch just a few days ago.(To my eye not as attractive looking fish as the ones animates had). I am definitely getting some when my tanks are up to scratch. They are absolutely beautiful fish. Also can't wait for the tanks to be 'perfect' so i can get a pair of those beautiful blue rams. What amazing looking fish!

Hi Dawn. Yea im pretty sure that my gouramis are Dwarf Cobalt Blue Gouramies. Im not sure of their sex but i can tell you that i bought them from Jansens, Botany. There were about 4 of them in the tank when i bought them.

Hope this helps

Joon

Nop blitz - i think yo are right and i am wrong :oops:

It seems that its the size of the pectoral fin in that pic which could be the defining factor. Again that could be pants too, lol. But hey - thats better if they are both beautifully coloured aye ! I also like the ruby red ones which have a tinge of blue on their fin edge.

Another fine fish.

Nice fish. I had 2 as well as 2 male sunset's but they are no longer. All got Dropsy. I've read that they are prone to this and other internal problems. The Discus and Rams in the same tank were fine as well as the Tetras and Cory's . Not going to get any more of these as they may look great but not willing to risk the rest of the tank.

i lost one of my Dwarf gourami the other day - not sure y cos it was alrite wen i went to bed and it was floating on its side when i got up....oh well - it was the half orange half blue one - i still have a blue one so mite get it a mate (depends if dad decides to take wen he gets his tank set up)