New 19 liter tank stocking

Nossy

Heya team. Thought I'd start a small tank for the gaming room. I wanted a betta but they didn't have any in Stock at the time. So came home with 6 harlequin Rasborras and 2 bristle nose pleco.  (This was in my 35 liter tank. Thought the combo all up would be quite cool)

I got home today to find my fish tank spewing water everywhere. I managed to grab a bucket and catch some of the water into a bucket for the fish and scooped them out ( timing of me getting home then was crazy!!!)  Now I got them safe and shot back to the fish shop. He only had very basic tanks in Stock 25 liter /20 liter very cheap looking plastic tanks. So I ended up with a 19 liter Fluval Chi.

My understanding is a tank of that size would've pushed the 35 to its limit. Now the 19? Gosh. Looks like I ain't getting the betta or dother you.guys think it will be ok till the Rasborra start to grow? Because everything are babies atm. Or any tips on nicely creating a false sump on this tank.

Cheers team

20160120_231806.jpg

Edited by Nossy

Bad luck about your tank but I really like those Fluval Chi's.  From personal observations betta don't particularly like the Chi's if they are long finned variety but no doubt others have no issues.  It's all to do with the water movement and few places to be able to get out of it.

Your BN will be the biggest issue.  They are messy and will put too much loading on the filter in a tank that size.  Your harlequins may be okay.  I've see guppies in the Chi tank and they were fine.

Sumps are not my thing, I have someone else work out and build mine :)  

The plan is to move the BN to my main tank once they're big enough to hold their own then look ato getting shrimp. But wanted to know if there was any way to house a bigger volume of water somewhere that could work as a sump? I do have a 30l container I could connect up but unfortunately not sure how.