Tip - outside glass cleaning

Shilo

With the tank in the office I've had a problem of grubby finger and hand prints on the viewing glass from kids & adults pointing out fish etc.  Unfortunately the law prevents me from hitting them over the head with a baseball bat every time they do it so I had to find another answer.  After trying various glass cleaning products, 2 weeks ago I settled on C-Thru Shower Sheild and it works wonders.  Fingerprints still show but a quick wipe with a dry cloth is all that it takes to remove them.  Another advantage is that it cuts down on the amount of condensation from having a tank which can be 10C below room temperature. Expensive but a little goes a very long way and instructions says a application will last up to a month in a shower so should be longer on the outside of a tank.  It is sold to prevent water spots so it could also be used to keep a tank looking like new although I haven't used it long enough to confirm this.

Just to clarify: I apply it to only the outside of the tank with a cloth, since there is no spray and no water comes in contact with it then there should be no potential harm to the fish. The downside is that it is a glass polish and thus can increase reflections.

There will be other products that work just as well but this is one that worked for me.  Rain-X was another but wasn't anywhere near as good.  So if you have family or guests who just can't help touching the glass then I recommend giving it a try.