New golden cloud mountain minnow mouth stuck open

Sandy

Hi all,

Ive just put some new golden cloud mountain minnows in my tank a few days ago and have just noticed one floating in the current with its mouth stuck open.  It swims a bit and then lets itself get carried back down the tank.  I already have 5 minnows that have been in the tank for some time and ive just added 5 more.  I didnt quarantine then as I got them from Hollywood Fish Farm and just assumed they would be good to go.  

Any ideas what the problem could be as the other fish are starting to take notice and bump it around a bit.  I have a spare tank I could put it in but it wont be cycled and I cant bare to watch it die if there is something i can do to help it.

Tank is 270 litres, one aquis 1000 filter at one end and an aqua 102F (75L) at the other, 2 air stones, one at each end.

Currently have 11 neons, 10 minnows, 10 danios and 4 otos

thanks

oh, its dead.  I scooped it out about 10 minutes ago and tried to take a photo and while i was trying to upload it here i looked over and it was upside down. No, wait, it just flicked its tail so I guess there is still some life left but not much cause its upside down again.  If it was a cat or a dog I would take it to the vet but I dont know what to do to help this little guy.

I had it swimming in a glass jar with some of the tank water and i shone a torch at it but couldnt see anything.  Its definately gone to fish heaven now.  Not sure what went wrong.  I tested everything this morning and all is good with the water.  I usually do about 20% water change each week which is due again on monday but all my levels are normal. Tank is not overstocked, plenty of air and filtration.  Maybe I added too many at one go as I just stuck 15 new fish in this week although they were all quite small but having said that, if my levels are still good and I havnt had an ammonia spike surely that wouldnt be the problem.  My danios are being bullies, they are ganging up on one of their mates but he has a good hide out and seems to be resting up in there until the next attack comes.  

Im feeding them with the hikari micro pellets.  Im just wondering if it was chased by some of the danios, who are starting to annoy me because they are being quite disruptive to the whole tank.  Their pack like mentality is quite brutal and ive seen them chase and chase and bash their mates (one in particular) over the last week or so.  They occasionally chase the minnows and neons so possibly the minnow collided with something in the tank and damaged its jaw (do fish have jaws??)  It was all over pretty quickly.  I have been watching them closely since I noticed the bullying going on so I picked up that the minnow was in trouble early on but was unable to help it.