WTB Fresh water Shrimp AKL

Vervo

Hi there, I don't want to hijack your enquiry but I would like to get some freshwater shrimp (and also FW Crayfish - Koura) as well so if there is anyone out there that has any or would know where to get some please get in touch. Thanks in advance.

I want to start a new tank with fresh water shrimps only, number from 4 to 9 shrimps.

Please contact me if you got some for sale.

The typical aquarium freshwater shrimp such as Red Cherries and the like aren't on the import list. There is a native species that you can catch in slow moving creeks, often near where they empty out into the ocean. You will also be surprised what you can find in small creeks around wherever you live, simply shine a flashlight into the water and look for their shiny eyes peeking back out at you.

Unfortunately as they're a native species, it's illegal for anyone to sell them to you. So your best bet is to do a forum search for freshwater shrimp for previous member posts about where to find them in your area! As you're in Auckland, I can tell you from previous posts on this subject that the creek running behind the Auckland Zoo seems to be a popular place to catch them! ^_^

The typical aquarium freshwater shrimp such as Red Cherries and the like aren't on the import list. There is a native species that you can catch in slow moving creeks, often near where they empty out into the ocean. You will also be surprised what you can find in small creeks around wherever you live, simply shine a flashlight into the water and look for their shiny eyes peeking back out at you.

Unfortunately as they're a native species, it's illegal for anyone to sell them to you. So your best bet is to do a forum search for freshwater shrimp for previous member posts about where to find them in your area! As you're in Auckland, I can tell you from previous posts on this subject that the creek running behind the Auckland Zoo seems to be a popular place to catch them! ^_^

Maybe if any0one wants to give some to me that will be great.