Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Algae Lawn?

Featured Replies

  • Author

Fixed :) That was quick critter_guy!!

Also - this is growing on the top of the driftwood I have in the tank... Right up at the top of the tank - it waves in the current and everything, the guppies seem to like picking at it, and at times I see the bristlenoses playing lawnmower... :lol:

I have always loved that sort of look as I feel it gives a more natural look, and this is the bit that sounds strange, I have never been able to grow it well enought o get it looking anything other than messy. :lol:

B

  • Author

Hehe I know the feeling Ballistic!!

I think the 'lawn' came with the wood (bought from Jansens Mt Albert from their sunk-wood tank/container-type-thing) ... I think it's going to go soon though, as I've just bought some Flourish Excel... Going to be hard to dose correctly though, as I need to add 1.5mL daily (I worked it out earlier...)!!

Anybody know where to obtain syringe-type things without raising eyebrows and being interrogated?? :lol:

Syringes can be purchased from the chemist, easy as, because they have them with the kids medicines, you can also get the droppers.

B

If your local pet store has a vet attached to it (like our one) then you can also get syringes from them. We have a small collection now given to us to dose our cat.

Aqua - are you sure 1.5ml is right? If you are going to be double dosing (to get rid of algae) it must be a very small tank! What size in litres is it?

BTW the top of the container is 5mls so you should be able to use that to measure with.

Your LFS would probably have a 1ml measuring thingi - something like the one you use to get the water to test your PH etc.

  • Author

I'm not double-dosing Dawn, just normal dosing to encourage my plants to grow better, I'm just hoping the algae lawn stays there!!!

Hi Aqua

yes, you algae lawn on DW looks nice. i am not to discourage you but i have given up on my Algae lawn DW some time ago.

i too took up a piece from Hollywood and it grow a beautiful green (more like a luminious green). but i am having some much problems with algae that i have not choice but to take it away. Yes, i kill my algaes lawn (can someone suit me!!!).

all the best in your algae lawn.

At normal dosage 1.5 ml would do a 60 ltr tank.

Definetly the chemist, i use a 5 ml dropper for water test's (easy to get precise amount for a test tube & makes it easier wetting bread in whiteworm cultures)

  • Author

Yeah Snowman, my tank is only 69 L, so 1.5mL is fine :)

Right, I'll be off to the chemist when I'm able! At the moment, I'm just filling the lid to the first line, and using that.... :o

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.