Bolivian Rams or GBRs??

KiwiGal77

A couple of months ago I bought 2 rams. They were both sold to me as GBRs, but I have suspicions that the one remaining is actually a Bolivian ram. It's larger, not as prominent yellow or blue colouring on the body with duller black dots and has more pinky fins & tail with minimal blue through.

Here's a picture of the two of them in full colour having a dispute - the one on the left is the ram in question. Pretty sure the other one was a GBR, it had stronger colouring and was smaller (but maybe not?). Or perhaps they are both just still colouring up as they get older?

1521420_10153372386226354_7403650700423553646_n.jpg?oh=04b7fb9eddb3097fbcdfeca3398d9404&oe=56445A88&__gda__=1448669870_389add1c0fcd3eb06dcac394090c064c

When his Hole in Head issue clears up I'm wanting to get a girl for him, so need to make sure I'm getting the right type!

Hard to tell from the shot, but to recognise a male GBR you can look for 2 things:

- Males have longer fins, so if they are long and wavy then they are most probably male;

- Males have a longer second spike than the first spike in the top fin when spread out like in the photo.

Hope that helps and you can recognise one way or the other.