Inline heater

HummingBird

Seems like Hydor are the only brand of this type of heater available at the moment. Is that the case? If so, is there anywhere we can buy them with an aus/nz plug?

I've found a lot of sites that ship them to NZ for good prices, but none that have aus/nz plugs. All the australian sites that stock them only ship to aus, and I can't find any local suppliers.

Ive built a few mate, but pays to get a good thermostat to control them, Like the STC-1000 .

Basically I just mounted a 300w stainless steel element in side a 50mm pvc pipe with branched female threaded ends. heaps of info on google.

*********BUT DO GET A GOOD THERMOSTAT TO CONTROL*************

I lost one tank of about 40 juvi fish to this mistake

• 3 weeks later...
You can buy conversion plugs to convert Englsh plugs to NZ and they are no expensive, or you can change the plug to a NZ one. Don't buy American ones as it is not only the plug that is wrong but the voltage.

Would that lead to it not heating properly?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I have 2 300w units running 800l tank easy can run on one if need be as there far more effective than standard units as they use water flow from you're pump etc. Have attached link got mine from here 2 years ago http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/contact_us.php. From Aus so no need for adaptors just credit card and shipped in afew days.

Hope this helps