Please help

Benjansss

Is this the same tadpole as the one you asked about the other day?

'I've had a tadpole for over 3 mouths now and it's barely grown at all he's very active and has oxygen weed pond slime and the odd fish flake to eat what's going on

Any ideas at all should I be worried I moved him into a bigger tank yesterday will that help its staying at about 2cms long including the tail and the head is about the size of a small pea no signs of arms or legs

livingart

May not morph until next year now'

I don't know a lot about tadpoles but if the temperatures are cooling down and the water is too, then the metabolism will slow right down. Most creatures/fish live on fat reserves over the winter months.

If your tadpole hasn't enough it may not make the winter and morph in the spring.

The law of nature - the strong will survive. In the wild tadpoles who do not thrive in the warmer weather don't stand a chance. It's unfortunate but true.

I'm by no means an expert but maybe if you've got a spare one, you could try putting a heater in and bumping the water temperature in there up to 22-23 degrees so that its not too cold for him to morph? I also found that mine preferred to munch on algae wafers as opposed to flake/oxygen weed (they were offered both also, along with duckweed and novotab) so might be a good idea? Also heard of people feeding them lettuce that had been boiled, frozen and then thawed again but personally found the algae wafers to be much easier.