Heater help plese!!!!!

debabelz

I have 2 sunsun 200w heaters in my tank, no fish at the moment... I have them both set at 32 but the temperature is only 24-25 degrees shouldn't it be 32? I unplugged one of them to see if one would do the job but the temperature wasn't even registering on the thermometer ( a stick on one) I would have thought that having them set at a high temperature they would be going all or most of the time but the light is only on briefly. I have no idea how many liters it holds but it is 31cm x 35 x 123 can anyone help???

Heaters (especially the cheap ones) don't actually heat to the temperatue that you set them to, the numbers on them are just a guideline just set the temperatue with a good thermometer in the tank and disregard what the heater says, you can calibrate some heaters I am not sure about the sunsun ones. I haven't really had much luck with the stick on thermometers they don't appear very accurate, also your tank only holds around 130L so you only really need 1 150W heater in there so I would only run one of the 200W ones.

Your tank is 133 litres so one decent heater should do the trick. With heaters you basically get what you pay for. I have no idea where in the price range sun sun heaters sit but if they were cheap they will not be overly reliable.

Stick on thermometers pick up the room temperature over the temperature of the tank. Glass thermometers (sit inside the tank) work well.

Stick on thermometers pick up the room temperature over the temperature of the tank. Glass thermometers (sit inside the tank) work well.

agreed,I find the stick on thermometers unreliable. get a glass one,they are cheap enough.