Jebo 819 Power filter

klaus

I am looking for some help with the above filter.

I need to know the exact order the trays are supposed to be in. Mine has five trays.

One has charcoal

One has ceramic beads

One has some sort of filter beads (composition unknown)

One has fine sponge filter

One has coarse sponge filter.

Pictures would be a great help too..

TIA

Klaus

If I remember correctly (it has been a while since I cleaned mine out) most of mine, if not all, have a fine sponge filter.

I removed the carbon, never use it, and filled all the trays with ceramic noodles with the top trays having coarser sponges.

When I clean the filter out I rotate the trays (the one on the bottom goes to the top) so the noodles get to live in different levels over time.

If I find the time (and my husband to help) I might pull mine apart so I can see what is where, and take photos.

The order I usually go in is Mechanical media first, Biological media second, Chemical media third. The first will be where the water enters - it depends on the filter as some go from top-bottom and others bottom-top.

Mechanical media is your coarse and then fine sponges/filter wool. Biological is your ceramic noodles/bio-balls/sintered glass etc. Chemical is -zorbs/carbon/etc. Though carbon sponge will be mechanical and can go at the beginning.

So it would go Coarse sponge > Fine sponge > Filter beads > Ceramic beads > Charcoal. The placement of the Charcoal isn't so important, I just tend to put chemical media such as Purigen/Ammonia or Nitrite "eaters" at the back.