Shipping bearded dragon - Christchurch - Auckland - kerikeri

Fish Frenzy

Hey guys,

I'm looking to send a beard from chirstchurch on the 29th, arrival in auckland on the 31st then 4 hrs drive up north (then he will go directly into his tank). The pet bus said that is the fastest they can do, and that they have transported bear dies before :/ Do you think he will survive on pet bus? (They will feed/water him) I'm scared it may take longer as they may have to stop to feed him??? How long can they live without proper heating (just a heat pad)?

thanks for the help :)

Hey guys,

I'm looking to send a beard from chirstchurch on the 29th, arrival in auckland on the 31st then 4 hrs drive up north (then he will go directly into his tank). The pet bus said that is the fastest they can do, and that they have transported bear dies before :/ Do you think he will survive on pet bus? (They will feed/water him) I'm scared it may take longer as they may have to stop to feed him??? How long can they live without proper heating (just a heat pad)?

thanks for the help :)

How old it it ?

Heat pads use oxygen to generate heat so not really suitable for use with reptiles. I send by overnight courier in a rigid plastic container secured inside a polybox. 2 days without a heat pad is a bit much but OK overnight. I have sent baby beardies to Northland that way without a problem.

it's a 4 year old male

i got another reply on another website saying someone had lost their beard for a week under their house and came out after 1 week, so I think it should be ok by pet bus. thanks for the help, also I'm not too keen on shipping, since the post around here isn't very good at all. At least there is someone onboard the pet bus to keep an eye on him :)

I would not use a heat pad, I would be more worried about overheating! Use courier post overnight, I think they pick up the package around 5pm (you would have to check) and aim to deliver to a business the next morning. lots of holes in box for air and if the box inside a box then put holes in that too!