New marine setup tank question

cancer393

Hello,

I'm looking to get into a marine tank. I've been doing some reading and was wanting some feedback.

I've beven looking at the Red Sea Max S 400 tank but haven't seen much about this setup. Good or bad.

I have also thought about getting a tank built but I really like to neatness of the all in one setups.

Does anyone have any feedback on this red sea max tank or should I just look seriously into a built up system?

Cheers!

I've read a lot of info on overseas sites about the 400 and it's all good. I have the C-250 which is the new one out and its a very good set up for a beginner.

I should have gone the 400 - love the sump set up and it's a classy tank. Can see it happening in the future. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Kinnadian :) but as a newbie to marines, when I purchased my C-250 (the first shipment to land here) last July, I had neither the knowledge about marines nor knew the questions to ask to be able to do it for myself. Only now am I start to work out where and how I might even go about doing a DIY. To me, the problem is too many items available, purporting to do the same thing and too many people recommending different ones as the best to purchase.

FYI to date I reckon my tank has cost around $12K to get to where I am (the actual tank price was $3,600) - the difference between someone like you who knows what they are doing and someone like me who would like to have that knowledge :)

I agree Kinnadian :) but as a newbie to marines, when I purchased my C-250 (the first shipment to land here) last July, I had neither the knowledge about marines nor knew the questions to ask to be able to do it for myself. Only now am I start to work out where and how I might even go about doing a DIY. To me, the problem is too many items available, purporting to do the same thing and too many people recommending different ones as the best to purchase.

FYI to date I reckon my tank has cost around $12K to get to where I am (the actual tank price was $3,600) - the difference between someone like you who knows what they are doing and someone like me who would like to have that knowledge :)

This is exactly my problem too. I had no ideal how to go about DIY. I would be open to it, but would need lots of help. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a marine tank to ask.

If I could just go somewhere and see a tank/sump/stand unit that looks tidy I'd be happy. I'm really keen to get something that looks like a nice piece of furniture as well. I have seen some setups online that look quite untidy. That might be a bit too picky but as looking to have a setup in the lounge would like something that looks nice overall too.

Where do you live? I you go up to the User Control Panel on the top right of this page and put your location in someone near you might be able to help.

In my case I had looked at plenty of setups but it was information overload. I am very happy with my tank but every so often I look at my 5ft custom tropical and think about the conversion possibilities. But, then again I still don't know enough to properly convert it to a marine.

This is exactly my problem too. I had no ideal how to go about DIY. I would be open to it, but would need lots of help. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a marine tank to ask.

If I could just go somewhere and see a tank/sump/stand unit that looks tidy I'd be happy. I'm really keen to get something that looks like a nice piece of furniture as well. I have seen some setups online that look quite untidy. That might be a bit too picky but as looking to have a setup in the lounge would like something that looks nice overall too.

You are welcome to come and have a look at my custom tank i am on the North Shore

You can see some pics of my tank in the link in my signature

• 3 weeks later...

The Aqua One 400 and the Red Sea 400 have very very different specs. I know, I checked them both out before getting mine.

I had the option of purchasing an existing tank as well but now I know I did not have the knowledge to be able to transfer a lovely set up to my house and be able to keep it alive. I'm very glad I started at the beginning as its been a steep learning curve.