uvb lighting for my beardie HELP!

lollyketter

Hi there.

I am very new to this,

i have bought my first inclosure and about to get my beardie (9 weeks old) and i need some help

i have read baby beardies need around 12-16% uvb

now i have bought a inclosure off trademe a d it came with a 6% uvb light and a 4_5% uvb in the basking light

my question is does that add up to 10-11% and will that be enough or do i need to buy a a new light with higher uvb?

i am wanting to give my beardie the best life posible so if anyone has any tips ideas i would be muchly appreciated

The basking bulb is a 50w that says it pumps out 4-5 uvb it is located about 20cm distance to highest basking spot

and the other is a d3 reptile lamp 15w 6% uvb bulb in a reptile one 900 inclosure

i have been into a few petstores to get advise but they were all over the place :cry1:

i just want to do best for my beardie and is hard with alot of different answers on web[quote="

alanmin4304"]It will depend on the wattage of the bulbs, the distance from the bulb to the beardy when basking and the age of the bulbs.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally in my beardy enclosures I use a 10.0 reptile one tube bulb, and and a separate spotlight bulb (75w) for heat and basking.

Tube bulbs are normally better due to being able to cover the whole of the enclosure as well as the UV gradient not being as harsh as most other bulbs you can purchase.

It is important to feed the right salads as many salads that are fed ("because he likes them") actually block the absorption of calcium even if you feed plenty. There is very good info on the beautiful dragons site which colour codes a whole list of foods as to what can be fed as a staple or sometimes or never.