Australian water dragon, outdoor enclosure:

Montyfish

Hey all,

I am currently selling on a few of my exotics and might possibly want to keep something new, for instance an Australian Water dragon :) I have a possible location and the enclosure could be up to 2mx1mx1.5m (lxwxh). I have a few questions though:

How often on average would you feed an adult dragon? For live insects, could you release a ton (say 50 crickets) twice a month or so?

What happens in winter, do they brumate or just get a lot slower like natives? Also are they decent burrowers?

The enclosure would be quite far away from the house so filtration for the water area would be difficult, are there any good battery/solar powered pumps? I would love to see some enclosure pics, to get an idea.

Cheers; Jack

:iag: crickets will escape or be very difficult to find in a grassy enclosure that size. You would also need to feed at least 50 a week plus fruits and veges which you could plant in there. You can always replace water without the worry of a filter, but this would need to be done about twice a week. Good size enclosure though, just make sure it allows plenty of sun.