Lymphocystis or other viral disease?

alexyay

Around Feburary I got 3 Indian banded gourami female, one came with a growth on her gill which I put down to a tumour/growth as many months later while it has gotten slightly bigger, it's not spread (she was in 3-4 weeks QT anyway as they came with white spot) so I haven't isolated her - it looks like it might be getting to the point of affecting her but until now she's been healthy. They've always been extremely timid (if you move on the other side of the room, they'll go and hide) so it's been hard to keep an eye on them as I don't like regularly catching them which stresses them out.

However today (many months later) I noticed a couple of spots on another girl (same species) and looked back into it - I always thought of lymphocystis as a white growth, but was wondering whether this could be a virus (I'll have to take out the girl and look at the new spots later)

The one with the original growth (please excuse the dirty holding tank) -

IMG_33191.jpg

IMG_33232.jpg

IMG_33271.jpg

Obviously being timid they're prone to stress and there's no cure for the viral diseases - I'm not really prepared to put them in a permanent QT tank. My original plan was to euth her if her quality of life seemed to decrease. Does this still seem like a reasonable plan of action?

I had to PTS her tonight. She was struggling to breathe and it appeared to be getting worse. She developed a secondary infection. I'm hoping my other girl has the same infection rather than the (assumed) virus she was suffering. I think it's fungal. But I want to double check to make sure it looks fungal rather than like columnaris. I think because it's spread, I'll treat the whole tank. As it's heavily planted I'm going to try Pimafix - it'll hopefully be less harsh than other meds (I think it's not very extreme).

I'm not sure whether she was starting to suffer dropsy or not - the girls have always looked very large where they're carrying eggs and it can look disproportionate (as though it's bloat or dropsy).

"Fluffy"ness

IMG_34451.jpg

IMG_34501.jpg

IMG_34381.jpg

IMG_34321.jpg

No pics of the other girl who may have the virus/fungus. I was unable to catch her yesterday and can't get a good look as she's so timid. Honey gourami, female american flagfish and red whiptails are all looking healthy.