AquaNano 51L Reef... From start to finish!

samuel90

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldn't have to soak the rock in acid. Just boil it, rinse all the crap out of it and dry it out before you begin your cycle in salt water. A lot of organic material will still fall off it so it would be good to have a bare bottom tank to siphon it out at water changes. Add your sand when your tank has cycled.

Will totally just do that- save having to buy more rock! haha

Ok so as far as rock + sand go- I need to bleach my caribseas rock and let it dry for a couple of days before I can put it into the aqua nano?

Can I put my aragonite straight from my freshwater into this tank?

As it is, it just has plain tap water in there. yet to add salt/substrate/rock/water conditioner.

Do i even need my Seachem Prime?

Ok so as far as rock + sand go- I need to bleach my caribseas rock and let it dry for a couple of days before I can put it into the aqua nano?

Can I put my aragonite straight from my freshwater into this tank?

As it is, it just has plain tap water in there. yet to add salt/substrate/rock/water conditioner.

Do i even need my Seachem Prime?

Hey Sam do you understand the process that the tank will go through as it cycles?

The rock and aragonite will need to be clean when you put it into your tank

Hey Sam do you understand the process that the tank will go through as it cycles?

The rock and aragonite will need to be clean when you put it into your tank

Like the nitrogen cycle? Yeah I know about that, and I thought that instead of adding a prawn, the bacteria in the sand/rock could just die to cause the ammonia spike and the cycle?