4 Demasoni

15 krib

10 bristle nose

7 electric yellow

8 tiger barbs

I know it's a mess but I looked at the capability

Chart and they said all the fish could go together

But I never released that the fish had different living conditions

What should I take out and what should I keep ?

My favourite are the severum !

And I could happily get rid of everything else and just keep a tank of severum

Any thoughts

Severum and barbs originate from water with a ph of 6.5 bristlenose and kribs ph 7 most tap water is around 7.2 dropping to below 7 ( these fish would be fine together ) Most African cichlids prefer hard alkaline water with a ph above 8 for best results.

Hi Shane, some suggestions. :)

2 severum -- keep, and maybe even add more if you like them so much? Have you seen red-spot severums?

2 red zebra -- rehome. will be happier in a proper african tank.

1 yellow johannis -- rehome

4 Demasoni -- rehome

15 krib -- keep if you like them, although this is a lot of kribs!

10 bristle nose -- again keep if you like, but this is a lot! They will be making quite a mess as plecos are waste machines

7 electric yellow -- rehome

8 tiger barbs -- keep if you like, although I had tiger barbs with american cichlids and found what when the cichlids got bigger the barbs couldn't compete well enough for food and eventually died off.

Some cichlids which may work for your tank, depending on whether you keep the kribs, bristlenoses and barbs are Oscars, Red-head cichlids, t-bars, convicts, Jack dempsey or electric blue jack dempsey.

Also consider Hoplo Catfish (these are great! so active and friendly!), silver dollars, or even a school of clown loaches would be impressive in a tank this size. All the fish I have suggested work well in your water pH and with Severums.

Also Severums are a great fish. I just sold my 3 red-spots after 3 years, they were so awesome.

10 bristle nose -- again keep if you like, but this is a lot! They will be making quite a mess as plecos are waste machines

10 in a tank that size will be fine. Bristlenoses are tiny, don't eat much or produce much poop. I have twice that number in a tank half the size, never see poop floating around anywhere.

10 in a tank that size will be fine. Bristlenoses are tiny, don't eat much or produce much poop. I have twice that number in a tank half the size, never see poop floating around anywhere.

Yikes! I have ONE GBA and there is constantly poop all over my white sand, even running 2x big canisters. :facepalm:

Other fish you could add:

Tinfoil Barbs, Silver Dollars, Blue Acaras, Black Ghost Knife, Geophagus and/or Gymnogeophagus. Basically any large robust fish that isn't too aggressive, Severums are on the low end of the cichlid aggression scale and generally will break fights up.

Don't listen too much to books and stuff, fish are incredibly adaptable and most fish live happily at pH 7 as long as the water is clean. Also note that different pH levels have an effect on ammonia, so if you do raise your pH using dead coral just be aware of your Ammonia, Nitrite etc

Lol, had 3 green terrors (gold saum) we had 2 males and a female in 700L and the 2 boys killed the female and the larger male somehow got the smaller one out of the tank and onto the floor (when we found him he was fully dead and my father-in-law flicked him twice with his finger and bought him back to life and he's still alive now - true story), but agree with jim r, GT's can be super aggressive and probably the most aggressive Aequidens species - that's why they're called "terrors".

Firemouths and Red heads aren't too aggressive for severums as well.

TEN!! Jesus. They WILL kill each other. They're 1:1 ratio M:F but just be aware that you will probably lose the female.

You will always get a dominant male and he will kill other fish. We ended up getting rid of our dominant male cause he was just too aggressive (as in he almost killed our 30cm+ Ghost Knife)