Aquanano 40 Reef Log

Morcs

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looks like you are skimming a bit wet. If you have raised the skimmer and the bubbles don't make it then it's working good. When they build up enough it will over flow. It takes a while.

If i go drier a lot gets stuck in the neck of the cup. Will lower the water level next week and see how it goes, cheers

Considering upgrading to a 120l juwel lido.

All current equipment should work - skimmer, heater lighting wp10 for the tank size.

Downsides are ill have to ditch the lids so evap might be bad

And without a sump or false wall equipement will be slightly visible (though it does have quote a large black border around top edge but my skimmer is white...

Stocking would not increase much, id have my main piece of rock set off centre, with a small island or two of rock on the other side kinda iwagumi styles.

Thoughts?

Im still waiting for kongs to get back to me regarding the new aquanano 60...

Jewel Lido looks really really tall for my tastes, but it might be yours. The depth means poor light penetration and you have to awkwardly stack and stagger the corals vertically rather than allowing them to spread horizontally like in nature. Shallow reefs look much better in my opinion.

Plus you would eventually go to a sump I'm sure :) Everyone does. Or you could always make your own false wall with some perspex.

Evap does get quite high. Even in New Plymouth where it isn't humid at the moment I'm losing around 400-700mL a day of water in a 60L.

Stocking will always increase! You are kidding yourself if you don't think that down the line you will start increasing corals, livestock and rocks :bggrn:

I designed a shallow tank with built in false wall that wil fit my stand, but would mean buying a new light.

60cm wide is max i can go on current light.

Penetration not an issue as lights are only at 50% currently so can just crank them up.

Ive lost 2 clowns in 3 weeks :(

Out of my original pair, the first one went carpet surfing.

Replaced it a few days later, ensured i went and got a bigger one - seemed to get on ok.

Yesterday that one went carpet surfing.

Parameters have always been spot on and corals look great.

Any ideas? not going to replace with another clown at this stage.

Ive lost 2 clowns in 3 weeks :(

Out of my original pair, the first one went carpet surfing.

Replaced it a few days later, ensured i went and got a bigger one - seemed to get on ok.

Yesterday that one went carpet surfing.

Parameters have always been spot on and corals look great.

Any ideas? not going to replace with another clown at this stage.

Aw gutted that sucks! where are they getting out? You do have a lid on right?

Aw gutted that sucks! where are they getting out? You do have a lid on right?

Yes but only the main aquanano lid - had to ditch the one that covers the filter area. Leaves me with a gap about 15mm at the front and back of the display

Must be just a conincidence. You should aways buy a smaller clown when adding it to a single one, because that can cause agression

I added a bigger one thinking the current one would be aggressive and that the bigger one would deal with it!