Ceramic heat bulb?

Blue Moon

If you have house insurance they may deny you a payout if they find you've done your own 240V wiring.

I don't really care and do all my own 240V wiring. I have a number of dimmers and thermostats DIY installed with 240V power leads. I know what I'm doing and don't feel I am endangering myself.

Would a Thermostat on a ceramic bulb not blow it pretty quick with the constant on/off as it regulates the temp?

The Reptapets thermostats look pretty good

No a thermostat won't break a ceramic bulb, as Rabbit said they are indeed a heat inducing wire inside of set ceramic. When you disable the current the wire simply cools down.

Reptapets thermostat are ridiculously overpriced.

The thermostat that Alan is referring to is: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220-240V-Temperature-Temp-Thermostat-switch-relay-incubation-control-Controller-/400520293591?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item5d40deacd7&_uhb=1

Expect a 2-3 month delivery time.

I can't recommend them enough, well built with lots of features. However, again you will be messing around with 240V wiring so you may have legal issues. I've wired 3 of these myself in my house.

-3 months is a bit rough .. says 15 feb - 5 march on listing.

the one in the picture means you avoid the wiring but you would need to buy a plug to convert from UK to NZ. It took weeks not months to get my stuff from USA, Great Britain, Taiwan, China and Hongkong. Happy with it all (apart from some bulbs where I stuffed up on the voltage---nothing wrong with the product, just my brain)

bit like me ordering flex watt frm http://www.incubatorwarehouse.com

purcahsed 110v frm ebay, but the supplier noticed location and pointed out they had the 220-240v product (not advertised at the time). sorted mate. took 3-4 weeks running up to xmas, to arrive, so not bad I reckon.

What was the size of the 240v flexiwatt Matt I could only find 28cm wide stuff so had to cut it in half the wrong way. With out cutting the black lol

What was the size of the 240v flexiwatt Matt I could only find 28cm wide stuff so had to cut it in half the wrong way. With out cutting the black lol

true that sounds like an interesting way to do it :D

10cm wide ... just enough to heat one side of a hidebox. really happy with it. incubator warehouse were really helpful.

email them to check they can do 220/240V in the size you want b4 purchasing.

true that sounds like an interesting way to do it :D

10cm wide ... just enough to heat one side of a hidebox. really happy with it. incubator warehouse were really helpful.

email them to check they can do 220/240V in the size you want b4 purchasing.

Will do if I every need more. Yer that's a perfect size

-3 months is a bit rough .. says 15 feb - 5 march on listing.

Well maybe 1-3 months. Depends on the seller. They "Post" it very quickly but they usually send it on a series of slow boats from China packed in a container with other crap. With free shipping you get what you pay for, I've just learned to order things before I need them!

BTW thanks for the crickets Matt, my locust colony is finally reproducing at a steady rate (400 babies in last few days) so no more money for you :slfg:

I tried one of those, they are horrible. The buttons are really crap, the one I got had the buttons fall off, and the plug section fell off too (I had to superglue it back on) AND the thermostat cord broke away from where it was soldered to the board (had to resolder). I personally don't trust 240v electronics where multiple bits fall off before I've even used it!

BTW thanks for the crickets Matt, my locust colony is finally reproducing at a steady rate (400 babies in last few days) so no more money for you :slfg:

No worries, when the locusts get stuck up your nose and you get sick of slave labour there will be plenty more crickets here for ya, while stocks last. :lar: