Help with Pregnant Black Neon Tetra

LoveArowanas

Hey all

My tetras had been pregnant in the past, but not wanting to get another tank I took the "free fish food" attitude to the situation. However...I now have a girlfriend (braaaaaag), and she informed me this is not very becoming. :facepalm:

Im mad for this girl so I do as Im told, so its extra tank and fry rearing time for me

This is where you clued up folk come in. I have no idea what Im doing here. I have her in a small tank (the fish I mean) ....and shes seems happy enough, but is the subscrate the right sort for her to lay her eggs in? Does everything look ok? The fish seems to hang about the filter part of the tank a lot, is this normal? She came out of a well maintained 180L

Any suggestions to facilitating a happy birth thus polishing my parental acumen would be greatly appreciated :kiss:

j4t7.jpg

qoqk.jpg

Don't think that's eggs dude.... :(

I had a few look like that a few days before I found them dead. (not all at once, but over the course of a couple of weeks) I was curious, so cut one open to see what it was and it was filled with a really smelly brown liquid. So I'd say more likely constipated. But then I'm no expert.

Hope yours gets better soon.

That's dropsy, a symptom of some kind of infection or disease causing buildup of fluids in the body cavity resulting eventually in death. Black neon tetras do not get pregnant.

But, good that you've quarantined the fish because it can be contagious depending on the cause. Don't want to infect anything else before it dies.