Hong Kong Aquaria

Ice222

I'm rarely on the forums nowadays, but since I've been in Hong Kong the last few weeks and lived right next to the famous "goldfish street" I've gotten quite curious about some of the things I've seen. Unfortunately I only spent a short time there, and no photos since they don't allow any.

First thing I saw and found fascinating was a small trumpet shaped snail with bright yellow skin. Plus some flecked marking on the shell.

The second awesome thing I've seen was a stunning aquascape with an underwater (sand) waterfall. While I've seen them on YouTube before, I thought they looked a little fake and tacky, but this one used something like silica sand and looked absolutely amazing in real life.

Last thing that I was really curious about are a kind of nano fish I saw. They were tiny, the same size as the tiny shrimps sold in the store. They looked like bumblebee gobies, but black and white instead of yellow, and I think they were some kind of suckerfish or catfish. Anyone have any idea what they could have been?

Where in Hong Kong are you? If you get a chance there is the wet markets, well worth a look.

I was in Mong Kok, but have since left HK now for my stop over in Taiwan and returning to NZ later today. I didn't really do much touristy stuff, since I go once every 2 years on average. Did see wet markets several times while my friends/relatives went shopping for our hotpot dinner, and also went to Ocean park.