This is how my day went today

morfin

Over to meet Ron, and talk Discus, and now finally feel good about having them, Ron -thank you. Your advice was great, and I appreciate the time. Neons have to come out of my big tank due to the temp, so what's a girl to do, but head off tot the local fish shop and get a new tank! So now a lovely little 60l sitting in the corner, which is going to house only my 24 neons and one bristle (or maybe two). And the plants I bought from Sophia, and it will look very cool. It's more of a nano, that Morc inspired me to, so should be lots of fun. Not so much fun trying to net 25 neons in a 300l tank however. 6 down, 19 to go. I want to seed it from my big tank though but it's a inside Hailea filter and I have. Fluval 405 on my big thank -how would I seed it if the new filter doesn't have room for bio balls? Just hang some in the tank somehow?.... Anyway in the meantime, I am going to get 6 discus from Ron next week, finally fulfill my dream, and manage to convince my partner it was his idea to get another tank. And I still have the 90l I got from Sam I got for QT. a good day all round :)

6 Discus in your tank will look awesome. (from your photos in the Members tanks area)

Also, I find the easiest way to catch fast moving small fish is to get a much bigger net. Use your smaller net to chase them into the big net. Also, with the bigger net sometimes you can just bring it up underneath them and catch them that way. :bggrn:

Thanks, the length of time it is taking for the small tank to clear they might end up staying there. Got a bigger filter today, but still it won't clear. Funnily enough gone up one degree and the harlequins and rummies look happier than ever. Even the neons looks good, will try to catch them tomorrow depending on the quality of water in the smaller tank. And thanks for your comments re my big tank, I'm so excited..........