Tips to helping catfish (peppered corys) eggs hatch?

Frankenfish

We have some peppered corys who have been laying eggs repeatedly for a while, but we never seemed to have much luck getting to hatch.

To our surprise we found 2 not insignificant youngsters the other day. Most eggs just get mould on (the ones the Oto's don't eat), and we don't have a UV steriliser seeing as they like the algae, so what might we do to help further hatchings? Moving eggs to other empty tanks using anti fungal medication etc never seemed to help.

It would be great to get some more, so all advice welcome. We have new eggs today, though many are already Oto dinner. Thanks

I learnt a good trick from KrazyGeoff - scoop the eggs into a very fine net and suspend it in the tank water. They get to stay in the water they are used to and you can see when they hatch. I tried putting the eggs into a breeding box but even peppered cory fry got through the gaps into the tank so best to let them live in the net for a week or so if possible.

thanks for the tip, now corrected. I shall try your net suggestion, and hopefully in the next few days begin my 1.5M tank setup, seeing as cichlidman has helped me source a stand for it.

Now I just have to think of the way I want it to look. I have some ideas but will be taking some snaps of different options while cycling before I really decide. 370L should give me (and the fish) a little more wiggleroom for variety