Fixing a slow leak

SamH

I finally got around to filling up my 6ft 540L aquarium yesterday and this morning I noticed a slow leak in between the bottom panel and right side panel. It looks to be about the size of a pinhole leaking at a rate of 1 drop every 3 seconds. The tank had a few cm of water in it for a good month without any signs of it leaking but now that I've planted it and filled it right up, this leak has appeared. I'm really not prepared to drain, seal and refill the tank, are there any quick fixes that will stop this leak?

Thanks!

I finally got around to filling up my 6ft 540L aquarium yesterday and this morning I noticed a slow leak in between the bottom panel and right side panel. It looks to be about the size of a pinhole leaking at a rate of 1 drop every 3 seconds. The tank had a few cm of water in it for a good month without any signs of it leaking but now that I've planted it and filled it right up, this leak has appeared. I'm really not prepared to drain, seal and refill the tank, are there any quick fixes that will stop this leak?

Thanks!

There are temporary fixes, like if you're lucky just squishing silicone along the seam on the inside might seal it. But like Alan says, the silicone has failed. If you're lucky you might seal it up and never have a problem, but more likely is in a few weeks or months the leak reappears even larger, or a seam opens and you have a lovely, shortlived waterfall.

You guys are right, it's not worth putting lives at risk, the tank is right next to my bed after all. I drained the tank as much as possible before work, only a few inches of water remains and waterproof epoxy seems to be holding for now. I'll fully drain it when I get the chance and look at getting it repaired or replaced after having a word to the seller.