Beamswork LEDs

alexyay

I'm seeing really mixed reviews on these - they're in my price range and I want one to replace my Aqua One T5-LO unit (not quite enough light - I think it turned my riccia to mulch, and killed both my swords a week after using it) - does anyone have pictures of their Beamswork LEDs, and whether or not they're able to grow plants under them (preferably medium-high light plants)

Also, does anyone know the PAR rating of them?

I'm looking at the 200 unit (31cm deep tank). I just don't want to spend $50 to find out it's not quite enough or it won't do the job at all.

• 1 month later...

Okay so after a few weeks using the beamswork LEDs, my crypts are growing, the h polysperma is going crazy (as it does under any light), riccia moss is growing okay, but dwarf hairgrass is looking brown and sad. However I wasn't very happy with the light output (wouldn't penetrate well through the riccia moss and it wasn't very bright inside for viewing) and wanted something a bit stronger, so I bought Morc's green element and am way happier with the output on that (the colour is less horribly blue too).

All in all, it's an okay unit for low light plants but I wasn't very impressed for viewing fish and didn't like the blue LEDs in it either (also if you have duckweed or moss covering the top you won't get much light through the plants). I now have it on top of my 21L killie tank which just had an LED down light-thing on it which was growing ambulia and crypts nicely but the rotala rotundifolia was looking really really sad. SO I have it as a top-up to add more light.

Quick question - my crypts are constantly sending off new shoots giving me more and more crypts, but aren't really growing the old ones. They just keep on replicating lol - I was hoping for them to grow out & up before giving me new crypts. Any ideas as to why that is?