Morcs Aquanano 40 log

Morcs

Have you always had these tiger lotus plants or are they new/ Are they pups or adults. I 'trained' my tiger lotus to stay low by constantly pruning every time a leaf shot up and in the end they just stayed down.

Perhaps you could try adding fert balls around the roots.

Had it as long as ive had the tank. In the past they havent stayed low despite trimming, but that was with lower light.

Ive moved it to midground, currently has about 8 nice leaves sitting above the substrate so will keep trimming as necessary.

edit: yep got a tank full of jbl balls :) they do respond well to root ferts.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update.

Not of my main tank, but set up a pico yesterday. Was originally looking for a Dymax IQ3, but HFF dont stock them anymore, and the Leo Q220 is basically a copy (even the robot LED is the same) except glass. Tank area is about 6.5L with filtration behind a false wall (about 20% capacity of the tank)

Went with red grit as i havent used it before, and moved my crypts in there for the time being (werent liking the light in the other tank)

Some indian fern at the back to bush out. Next time i harvest pups from my javaferns, ill plant out the driftwood. Might try some javamoss too.

Inhabitant will be my male betta on his lonesome. Fishless cycling at the moment with some fish food.

IMG_20140201_161418.jpg

IMG_20140202_094503.jpg

IMG_20140202_100606.jpg

IMG_20140202_100556.jpg

96f0d644-ba64-44d5-a8ef-dce354791566.jpg

Maybe if you lowered the temp you could house some native shrimp? It's just 6L isn't much space for a fighter D: Most sites consider 5 gallons the minimum, but I'd say 2.5gal is stretching it - yours is 1.5gallon which is even smaller. Tank is looking really nice though! I really like the driftwood placement. The Leo lights illuminate the tank quite nicely too!

Were the crypts not liking the light because there was too much or because you changed it? Mine get grumpy when I change the light but I have some growing under 2x 39W T5HOs without any issues.

Maybe if you lowered the temp you could house some native shrimp? It's just 6L isn't much space for a fighter D: Most sites consider 5 gallons the minimum, but I'd say 2.5gal is stretching it - yours is 1.5gallon which is even smaller. Tank is looking really nice though! I really like the driftwood placement. The Leo lights illuminate the tank quite nicely too!

Were the crypts not liking the light because there was too much or because you changed it? Mine get grumpy when I change the light but I have some growing under 2x 39W T5HOs without any issues.

Possibly change in lighting. Leaves had all flattened out on the substrate, and were affected by gsa. I'll probably move them back when I can take some rotundifolia cuttings to put in the Leo.

The Leo is 9l including overflow making it just under 3g which I deem OK for a betta, that and the filtration capacity is huge for the water volume.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you end up liking the Finnex/notice any new growth? Thinking about one on a 55L - would you rate it low-high?

Medium light. Fast growers like polysperma were putting on 6 inches per week, and was getting some gsa also.

Highly rate it. I would say on something deeper than this it would be low light at the substrate.

All in all love it and still using it. Great value.

• 7 months later...