coldwater plants growing nicely in tropical tank

agoh

like the subject says...they were sold as coldwater plants...and started growing prolifically over the last few weeks in my tank..(3 different species...photo would be more helpful but non at this stage.

I think its good...its making my tank nice and green, I can't see any nasty side effects...

is it common for coldwater plants to thrive in tropical temperatures 27 degs? - if so...it seems more like a cheap option at the LFS, as they are bigger...have nice broad leaves providing nice shelter for my nocturnals

there is the cold water and there is the cold cold water plants.

which three species are these plants?

i believe your plant could be cold as in room temparature and without the heater. most aquatic plant can stand temperature from 18 to 30 degree.

so at 27 degree, it is still ok.

well done on you thriving plants. keep regular water change and fertilizer coming.

thanks....as caryl said...time may tell whether they will continue to thrive as they have for 3 weeks.....but they are growing fast..(had to clip them as they were growing out of the water)....when I can get my hands on a digital camera I'll take a picture of them....(watch this space)