plants

Ashzbetta

my parents own a plant nursery, is there any plants they might have that i could try grow in my tanks? ive heard maybe some black mondo grass and baby tears?

Odering's?

Black mondo grass is not aquatic, it may take a little while to die, but it will die. Baby tears might work, I suspect there are a bunch of different species using that name, so it's hard to say for sure if the ones that you have access to specifically will grow.

Otherwise your best bet is some of the pond plants. That's if you don't want to go to all the different fish shops and buy actual aquatic plants, or get them from trademe/other local people. They're not expensive.

from my delving into baby's tears:

Soleirolia soleirolii is commonly available in plant stores under the name baby's tears.

there are aquatic plants that go by the name baby's tears - generally variations of Hemianthus

Soleirolia soleirolii is a terrestrial plant, but i had it in one tank for about a month, and it didn’t seem to die back (just got eaten by my Koura) and i currently have it around my pond and it grows down into the water a bit, so might do ok in a tank?

I thought a lot of aquatic plants also grow emersed but it can be a slow job adapting them to submerged.

Baby tears and lysimachia were two that came to mind.

Mondo grass, as said, will not last submerged. Neither do peace lilies or spider plants.