New Chi tank for office

newaqua

Hey Everyone.

I am looking at getting a small Chi (19L) for the office desk.

I was wanting to put some Cichlids in it, as they are to aggressive for my home tank, I thought I could have some for my office instead.

I know the Chi 19L is small, however I was only thinking of having 2 or three fish.

I really like the look of the Demasoni Cichlids, but I am thinking the tank will be to small for them.

I also like the look of Auratus Cichlid.

Does anyone have any ideas about what would suit this small aquarium? I am after something that is small, looks good and has a bit of attitude.

Cheers

A couple of dwarf puffers or a single Betta fish (siamese fighter) would be about the only things suitable for that tank which have attitude.

Are there any cleaning type fish I could put in here. I'm guessing a bristle-nose would not go well with them?

I don't think you realise just how small this aquarium is, 19L (minus substrate and decor) is around 2 buckets of water. It isn't enough space for more than a couple of small fish.

Thanks Sam. I know the aquarium is very small. Thats why I am looking to only put a couple of fish in it.

I am looking at dwarf puffers at the moment.

On a side note, (I don't plan on putting these in the 19L Chi) how common are figure 8 puffers these days? I have not seen any around for a long time? Thought I may be able to get one for my larger tank.

I personally wouldn't recommend anything more than one puffer if it's a talk tank, as they get pretty aggressive if it's not densely planted. Also, otos should be in groups of 3 so it would probably be too much for a 19L. Fig 8s show up rarely, so I presume you have to order then in if you want one.

Chi are pretty but they have sucky filtration, get a single dwarf puffer fish and some freshwater shrimp, the puffer might leave the shrimp alone and they will act as cleaners. plus you will fall in love with a pufferfish once it gets a little bigger. personally i put the chi into the group of aquariums designed to rake all the money out of beginner fish keepers and not designed to keep fish alive well