dwarf Gourami getting sores

miffif

• 3 weeks later...

Quarantain isn't gonna help I am afraid. DG's get the virus in Asia and some will get ill in a week, others in months or even years !!! It's a shame for such a nice fish. Especially the linebred ones (neon/cobalt/flame) are prone to it. We had a lot problems a like in Holland. The UK-forum gave me the answer !!! It doesn't seem to be contagious to other fishspecies.

Quarantain isn't gonna help I am afraid. DG's get the virus in Asia and some will get ill in a week, others in months or even years !!! It's a shame for such a nice fish. Especially the linebred ones (neon/cobalt/flame) are prone to it. We had a lot problems a like in Holland. The UK-forum gave me the answer !!! It doesn't seem to be contagious to other fishspecies.

I was meaning the quarantine period when they arrive in NZ to be imported in to the country.

The problem with testing for viruses is the same as bacteria, It only shows that they were not in that sample at that time. Hence the exclusion from working in a food premise for salmonella until you have three clear samples in a row at at least 48 hour intervals. Also most importers have not brought in dwarfs for some time and probably less will now under the new requirements.