Tankmaid heaters

Cybertech

Don't even bother with the Blue Planet heaters, bring it back and get your money back lol. I've bought two and both were faulty - one would only bring the tank to 21 degrees, the other brought it up to 30 o_o (heaters set at 26). When bringing mine back I've had stores tell me they have had loads of issues with them.

Yes, ive had a few problems with them jamming on or off and killing peoples fish. Better off buying a good quality ehiem jager heater, then you have piece of mind.

I did as suggested and now have a 150watt jäger heater it's doing as it's supposed to yay. Now my fish won't be stressed by wrong temps. Thanks all for the advice :-)

Has anyone had any problems with tankmaid heaters, mine just seems to not cycle on and off properly and won't heat tank to the temp marked on the heater. Any thiughts appreciated. :cry1:

What do you mean by won't cycle on and off properly?

And ignore the markings on the side of the heater. I've never had one that came within 2-3 degrees of accurate. They're good for nothing more than getting the temp vaguely close. Including the almighty jagers.

What do you mean by won't cycle on and off properly?

And ignore the markings on the side of the heater. I've never had one that came within 2-3 degrees of accurate. They're good for nothing more than getting the temp vaguely close. Including the almighty jagers.

What I mean is that my heater which for the first 4 weeks kept the temp at 25 nicely although had it at the 28 mark all of a sudden it failed to cycle on and off to maintain the temp at 25. I then turned the heater up to the 32 mark and it turned on for about 10 seconds and then turned off and would not come back on. I keep track of the temp by 2 separate thermometers placed at different positions in the tank so I don't rely on the thermostats in the heaters to tell me the temp of the tank water :D

Tha Jagers can be calibrated though, if you care. But I'd agree, buy a half-decent thermometer and use that to set/monitor the temp of your tank rather than relying on the numbers on the heater.