shallow reef build

A.PROPHECY

Bin awhile since ive bin on here due to work and life in general

anyway new tank build!

Tank 1210 long x 610 wide x 380 high , low iron glass , euro bracing , external overflow box.

nice and low an you can look down on it like a rock pool

Lighting at the moment x4 55w pc's , will need to replace two bulbs with attinics to ge some blue in there, also going to get two pieces of 10mm glass and glue them to tank to prop lights on instead of those blocks of wood

DSCN3393_zpsf7836145.jpg

DSCN3394_zps5f34784f.jpg

want the return (the black bulkhead coming from overflow) to be the sole source of flow, so ill be buying a return pump with high lph rate, i know not totally ideal as there wont be random flow and maybe dead spots, easy enough to add power heads but for now ill give this a go, looks clean and pristine with no equipment in tank.

DSCN3398_zps810a9b4a.jpg

testing for leaks , seems legit , overflow pipe durso, return and emergency overflow pipe. may change to full siphon but will give durso a chance for now.

DSCN3397_zps3b9f8a30.jpg

Will update when i get sump and return sorted . peace

• 4 months later...

any updates on this ?

Bin awhile since ive bin on here due to work and life in general

anyway new tank build!

Tank 1210 long x 610 wide x 380 high , low iron glass , euro bracing , external overflow box.

nice and low an you can look down on it like a rock pool

Lighting at the moment x4 55w pc's , will need to replace two bulbs with attinics to ge some blue in there, also going to get two pieces of 10mm glass and glue them to tank to prop lights on instead of those blocks of wood

DSCN3393_zpsf7836145.jpg

DSCN3394_zps5f34784f.jpg

want the return (the black bulkhead coming from overflow) to be the sole source of flow, so ill be buying a return pump with high lph rate, i know not totally ideal as there wont be random flow and maybe dead spots, easy enough to add power heads but for now ill give this a go, looks clean and pristine with no equipment in tank.

DSCN3398_zps810a9b4a.jpg

testing for leaks , seems legit , overflow pipe durso, return and emergency overflow pipe. may change to full siphon but will give durso a chance for now.

DSCN3397_zps3b9f8a30.jpg

Will update when i get sump and return sorted . peace

• 1 month later...