September 3, 201313 yr comment_538144 Hi everyone... I wanted to share with you some pictures of my favourite cichlid from my tanks... he is an Aulonocara jacobfreibergi and he turned out much more red than any of his brothers which are mostly yellow/orangie.... that's why he is my current breeder. the thing that I like the most of him is his tail that is similar to the tail of a swallow... sadly the pictures are not fully clear due to all the scratches on the front glass of the tank. he is quite difficult to get on picture because spends most of his time inside of the main cave of the tank and when he is out of it he is just too fast... well here you have the pics and hope you like them as much as I do. Cheers. Report
September 4, 201313 yr comment_538152 Nice pics and fish mate, the jacobs are one of my favorite too, I have had all sorts of different lines over the years but haven't been happy until I got the line that I have now (which I believe is the same line as yours). Report
September 4, 201313 yr Author comment_538154 Nice pics and fish mate, the jacobs are one of my favorite too, I have had all sorts of different lines over the years but haven't been happy until I got the line that I have now (which I believe is the same line as yours). thanks mate I am glad you like it too, and you are correct!!! yours are from the same line that mines... they share grand parents I believe. cheers Report
September 4, 201313 yr comment_538159 nice colouring. that bottom one looks thin or is it just the angle? Report
September 4, 201313 yr Author comment_538182 nice colouring. that bottom one looks thin or is it just the angle? Thanks Smidey, Is just the angle of the pic because he is well feed :bggrn: Report
September 4, 201313 yr Author comment_538183 Nice fish. :bggrn: :thup: thanks mate!!! Btw How is your eureka doing? The last picture that u posted was looking awesome!!!! Any fry yet? And the eureka albinos? Cheers Report
September 5, 201313 yr comment_538236 The Eureka reds and the Albinos are doing well. The males are a little aggressive towards the females so I have given them a little rest for now. The fry are growing well. Will update with pictures when I get some time. Report
September 5, 201313 yr Author comment_538237 The Eureka reds and the Albinos are doing well. The males are a little aggressive towards the females so I have given them a little rest for now. The fry are growing well. Will update with pictures when I get some time. those are great news!!! I cant wait to see the pics!!!! Cheers Report
September 7, 201313 yr Author comment_538431 Sweet specimen mate. Real good colours Thanks mate, glad you like it!!!! this one is the same male that you saw long time ago. Cheers Report
September 8, 201313 yr Author comment_538527 Guessing you put him in the larger tank? I would love to... but I am pretty sure that if I do it the rubescens will bully him big time and I want him to growth his fins as much as possible. Report
December 16, 201312 yr Author comment_543458 I got a slave flash and I have been having a lot of fun with it and the fish too (well maybe not the fish lol), Here you have some new pictures of my jacob and its females. The light and contrast of the pics looks different within each other because the slave flash has 4 different levels and I'm still getting use to it (only bright and contrast have been corrected in some of the pics due to the background light). Male Females currently I keep two different lines of females, the redish ones and the yelowish ones (6 females: 2 redish and 4 yelowis) Well hope you like the pics!!! Cheers, Miguel Report
December 16, 201312 yr comment_543464 Nice. I don't understand the two different types of females. Were they from the same batch? Report
December 16, 201312 yr Author comment_543465 Nice. I don't understand the two different types of females. Were they from the same batch? Hi rcon!!!, yes they were from the my original trio and from same batch. the original male presented red areas and yellow areas on its body so with the time two different strains have started to show.... in the same fashion I have got red males and yellow/orange males.. He is the male from my original trio and this is my other dominant male, he is in other fish tanks so there is no dominance between them. Cheers Report
December 17, 201312 yr comment_543487 great shots miguel nice fish, i've never seen a jacob with so much yellow coming through like that Report
December 17, 201312 yr Author comment_543493 great shots miguel nice fish, i've never seen a jacob with so much yellow coming through like that Thanks mate!!! glad you like it!!!... in fact if you look online you will find a lot of pics of Aulonocara jacobfreibergi more orange yellowish than red, normally those ones that have more red on the body are grouped into eureka red. Cheers Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.