Hybrid Cichlid Mix's

swanson-07

Has anyone put 2 different breeds together and got some cool mix's?

Keen to know what works for colour and what doesn't

Currently running 3X 35L tanks + 1X 120L + 800L display tank(with 200L sump)

Plenty of room for cool some breeding plus the LFS has told me they want ALL my zebras this morning soon as they're a little bigger

Keen for a response.

Thanks

Generally it is not a good idea to just randomly cross cichlids, you will find most of the Africans out there are hybrids, most the zebras and peacocks out there are crossed already anyway.

Why don't you get some good quality fish and breed and spread some nice fish around? Maybe it's just me but if I am going to put my time and effort in to breeding fish and then spreading them around the place then I would rather do it with good quality fish than hybrids.

Of course the hybrid debate will always go on forever and it depends on what your take is on it.

I have in my Display

3X convicts - 1 Breeding Pair

1X Peacock

6X Zebras - + 30-40 Fry

4X Yellow Labs - 1 Holding Eggs

2X Albinos

1X Ram - trying to breed with Peacock

I'd like something Orange/Red to stand out. Ive got buyers for my Zebra Fry already but im really looking for COLOUR! I had marine but had to switch to freshwater. I found Cichlids were as close as I could get to marine.

If it is a bolivian ram you will be waiting a long time for it to cross breed with anything, especially as it's an S.A. cichlid, not an african cichlid haha. Also it requires completely different water parameters than africans dude, it prefers slightly acidic ph where african like highly alkaline ph.